Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm spoiled

Kaya brought me a menu this morning, hand written, with a whole bunch of choices for a cooked breakfast in bed.

I found it hard to choose, so I picked most things on the menu.
Daddy's porridge, veggie breakfast sausage, beans (yes, we're Scottish and we eat baked beans at breakfast), English muffin, fried mushrooms, a glass of orange juice and a glass of milk! He had also made fried tomatoes and boiled eggs, but I didn't have enough room in my tummy.

Now, for more of our married life, the thought of Rene cooking me anything would be a punishment, not a gift. And I cringed a little as I awaited the meal. But he has been practicing lately. They brought the food to me on a tray with a towel over it, all pretty like. And there was even HP sauce! And it is yummy! Very very delicious. The porridge was Scottish style, thick, creamy and salty and I didn't think I'd like it. I like it runny and very sweet. But it was very good.

And he gave me a mushy, sentimental card too. Then the kids piled on me with Mother's Day wishes and kisses and they enjoyed some bites of my food too.

Yeah, I'm spoiled.




2 comments:

Rene said...

Your too kind.... I love you
xxxx

It was quite amazing though - not only did I fail to poison anyone with the food but I also managed to avoid any kitchen fires or related injuries.

...who am I kidding, we only manged it because Kaya was project manager for the day.... :)

Letherton said...

nothing wrong with being spoiled
I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com