Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm so excited!!

I figured it's about time for a positive update, after all the complaining I've been doing lately. I've had friends and family praying for me and I'm so grateful for it. Things are starting to look up and I'm focusing on the future.

I'm so excited because my laptop has been returned to me - repaired! I hardly recognized it. I am so happy I can finally go through my photos from the whole of this year and start editing and uploading them. I'm still working through January. Check out how cute and tiny Alasdair was. He's changed so much since then.











I'm also excited because we are making good progress on our camper. And now I can post photos of it! Watch this space. It's been so much fun so far. I'm in love with this camper.

And my health update -
I went to an endocrinologist feeling like death. So tired and down and with excruciating pain. And she told me my thyroid lab is in the normal range now, that I have an autoimmune disease and that my pains are most likely unrelated to my thyroid issues, so I should see a rheumatologist. I think we're looking at arthritis or fibromyalgia. It's still under investigation.

I went into a deeper depression after this. For a few reasons. For one, I had put so much hope into this appointment, and hoped that all my symptoms would be resolved with a dosage change of my thyroid meds. But it doesn't need adjusted and I still don't have answers. And it looks like this isn't something that's ever going to go away. I'm going to have to adjust to this as my new normal.

So after a few days of pouting, I've begun to do that. To adjust to this new normal. I'm reading up on how to support health nutritionally and with lifestyle changes. And that's empowering. And I've started to dramatically feel better with regards to the fatigue and depression. It could be a swing in the hashimotos, which causes fluctuations of hyperthyroid and hypothyroid. But I prefer to think it's just an improvement due to changes I've made and the medication. Either way, I'm making the most of it.

A few weeks ago it exhausted me to drag myself to the bathroom to pee. I could hardly move. Rene missed tons of time from work because it was too hard for me to change diapers and prepare food. I was so extremely lethargic. Now I'm up and about, working on the camper, making Halloween costumes, cooking, cleaning, interacting, teaching, living. I am learning to pace myself, taking lots of rests etc. More for the pain than the fatigue. If I overdo it I'm out of action for a few days in agony. But it's all experimental just now, learning what works and what doesn't and trying to get on with my life.

And did I mention I got my laptop back? Yay.



No comments: