Thursday, June 10, 2010

Marital Unfaithfulness

Daddy took Kaya to the store, they had some Daddy-daughter time. A conversation about marriage developed and Daddy explained how a husband and wife promise to love each other, exclusively for the rest of their lives.

Kaya pondered it for a moment, and then asked, "So they are *only* supposed to love each other? No body else?"

"Well," he clarified, "we are supposed to love everybody. We love God, we love you kids, we love our friends and family, we're even supposed to love our enemies. But we have a special kind of love that we save for just each other."

Kaya looked down heartened. Her face grimaced, displaying the inner turmoil as she decided whether or not she should say what she ultimately decided she had to. "Dad, I have to tell you something important. Mummy is in love with another man."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Well, I don't know what his name is, but I know Mummy is really in love with him. In the way that she loves you. He plays guitar and she listens to his music really loud in the house."

Rene felt instantly relieved. "Oh, you mean Nuno Bettencourt? Yeah, she'll never love me as much as him. I accepted that a long time ago."

I'm not sure what lesson Kaya will learn from that encounter...








Hey, I was in love with Nuno since I was like 12, and my Dad took me to an Extreme concert. I wasn't interested in boys before that point. But, I mean, look at him!









And check him out in action



here he is just talking and being yummy


I rest my case.


But ya know what? Gosh darn it, this guy still wins my heart beat every time.



Hubba hubba. You're better than Nuno any day, babe. <3



5 comments:

MrsW said...

lol - all I remember that guy from Extreme for was his really really shiny hair - funny, looking at these pics now I can't imagine why I only noticed his HAIR!

Michelle M. said...

That is really funny! I love her perspective- haha

lady mommy said...

Ummm, I don't know what "extreme" is *yikes*

However I found this post to be SO cute. Poor Kaya.

I love my hubby like you love yours, hairy, smelly and all :)

Rene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rene said...

This has got to be one of the funniest moments I have ever had with Kaya.... It will come up in conversation for years to come Im sure.

For sure though, I will never question your love. I'm more certian of it than the chance of rain in Scotland.

xxx