Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mouse in the House

So the kids dropped an almost empty pack of tutti fruitti cereal on the floor today. Some of the powdery sugary stuff fell on the floor.

I was in the livingroom on the couch with Zoe while she napped in my arms. Then I decided I couldn't stand the mess that was developing around me so I encouraged Zoe to wake up then set her down to play while I started picking up toys and putting them in the basket.

I saw a toy that was unfamiliar to me and reached out to put it away, when I realised it was making breathing movements. It wasn't a toy after all. It was a mouse!

The poor thing was sitting right beside the bag of cereal and was hardly moving. I guess it was sick, or ate too much sugar? I have no idea. But it certainly didn't look right. :( I got a one of our catch and release mouse traps and put some peanut butter in to encourage him to get inside. He sniffed around it a bit but then didn't go in.


Eventually I gently brushed him into the mouse trap and set a square of cloth with water in it, and Rene's coming home to release him in the park. I don't think he's going to make it though :( He looks very sick. I'm not sure if I did the right thing or not. I had no idea what to do. These things freak me out so bad. I don't want him to die though.

Not a fun ordeal at all (although the kids seemed to think it was)




No comments: