Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bugs, wigs and camera woes

Ok bugs first - I just want to whine a little. We've been passing around a darn tummy bug since Christmas. I'm so tired of it now. As soon as one person's over it, someone else starts puking. I've gone round the house and scrubbed everything as clean as I could. But we still can't seem to get rid of it.

We're not super ill with it, no fever etc, but it's very annoying, and nasty. I haven't been able to get to church since before Christmas, in fact I haven't really been anywhere recently. Stuck in the house, with sick kids, surrounded by puke and poop. I thought we were better last Friday and I took the kids to the museum. All seemed well but then Sat night Lana got ill again. I wonder if we picked it back up from the museum.

Anyway, that's enough moaning about that.

WIGS -- My other post about Lana twisting her hair and getting bald has disappeared. Long story short, she has a habbit of twisting it for comfort and is getting very bald. We've tried umpteen things to get her to stop. The latest is a wig, which so far she loves and is twisting it instead! fingers crossed...





CAMERA WOES - - Ok ready for some more moaning?

My digital rebel has stopped autofocussing. It just stopped in the middle of me taking photos on Friday. My eyesight is so bad, I can't see properly to manual focus. Those pics of Lana took forever for me to get right today. I just have to guess and hope for the best, so only about 1 out of 20 pics is working out.

I found out this is the likely problem. I'm going to have to send it off for repair which will cost $140. The camera is hardly even worth that anymore. But I can't survive without it! I feel like I'm mourning the death of a loved one. Sigh.

So not a hugely positive blog post today, but Lana's cute in her wig :)



2 comments:

Diane Rooney said...

Ok - first of all - your tummy bugs.. just a thought but open your windows and doors.. I know it's probably very cold there at the moment but switch the heating off and try letting fresh air go through your home. I know it's not the most practical thing to do.. just a thought! x

My health visitor once recommended this when my lot were little - having four kids with hardly any age difference meant bugs just were a pain to get rid of.

Love the photos you took. Great wig eh? Can't believe how those girls are growing!

Hope you all get well soon! x

Miss S. said...

I am mourning your camera with you!! I know when I was without one I was so lost! I vow to never be without a camera again :lol