Friday, January 18, 2008

A year ago today

A year ago today, we were packing up our things and saying our last goodbyes to our family and friends in Scotland. it's all like a blur to me, we were so busy in those last days. We wouldn't have survived without all the awesome support everyone gave us.



It was really crazy, we didn't even sleep that night. We went from packing and running around getting last minute things done, to suddenly realising it was 2.30 am and the taxi cab was there to take us to the airport! We didn't have time to get sentimental and look around the house and think of all we were leaving.

I sure do feel homesick sometimes. I especially miss my wee family. I have tons of family here now, which is awesome. But I can't replace my mum or my wee brother. They're super special to me and it's hard being so far away from them.

But we've been so blessed here, the year has gone great. We had Zoe, she's grown well. We've lived in Maine, got to have some good times with my dad and step mom, and now we're loving Nebraska. Made great friends, Doug came to live near us. Seen 4 beautiful seasons. It's been a great year, but a super fast one. I can't believe it's been a year.

I hope to get to go home to Scotland for a visit in the near future. We're trying to save, it's just so expensive. Anyone from home reading this, I sure miss you all. And I'm so thankful for all the support in those days when we were leaving.



1 comment:

Diane Rooney said...

Oh my Denise.. a yr? I can hardly believe it. Same for me though..I've been married to Steve almost a yr... don't know where that time has gone.

That photo montage is so beautiful and a great way to remember the past year!x