Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tot Talk Tuesday


Oops, I'm late today. I only just realized it's Tuesday.

Since my laptop is pretty much always on, I figured I'd start using google documents to keep track of tot talks. It's working well. I never remember to write them on paper and we keep losing the dry eraser markers.

At our weekly grocery store Zoe was a little grumpy because she needed something to drink. She forgot the word "thirsty" and improvised. "I want apple juice. I'm....drinky".

It tickled the kids and thus became the new word for thirsty in our household.


a couple days later she got her beginning consonants mixed around when she was ready to use her potty and told me, "I want my iper doff".

I had a weird rush of energy last week and undertook the job of emptying the furniture out of my room and deep cleaning the carpet. Zoe loved the mattress being up against the wall in the hallway and was playing and jumping and climbing. I tried to squeeze past all the things and crawl through the mattress cave to retrieve the vacuum and I complained, "it's like an obstacle course". Zoe excitedly agreed with me, "yeah, a weely BIG popsicle".

Zoe was having the time of her life trick or treating and collecting candy and saying, "fanks". When she was grinning and walking between houses in her Dora costume I asked her, "So, do you like this Halloween thing?". "Yes," she told me, "it's very pumpkin".

Remember how she likes to pad up sentences with the word, "today"?. She now interchanges it with the word, "tomowwow" for variety. She asked me for candy, "Can I have some candy? I want some candy tomowwow". I tried to confirm, "You want candy tomorrow?" She promptly responded, "yes of course. It's for peoples". I thought it was adorable.





--------------

Read what a Tot Talk Tuesday is and how you can join in here, remember to include the following code in your blog




And please do join in! The more the merrier!





2 comments:

Kathie said...

Too cute Niecey. I think we need to start saying "It's very pumpkin," whenever we think something is cool.

lislynn said...

Tee-hee... I've heard the "I'm drinky" around here, too. It makes perfect sense when you think about it.