Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I heart faces - tooshies

Lana is the girly one. She is the height of femininity, sweet and fierce and pretty.
Kaya has always been the boisterous one. She's more of a snips and snails and puppy dog tails kind of gal.

I got some junk mail from Toys R Us advertising their black friday specials. I handed it to Kaya and Lana and gave them a different colored pen each, requesting that they circle the items they would like to wish for for Christmas.

As I flicked through the pages when they were done, I observed that Kaya's blue pen had circled remote control cars and wrestling rings while Lana's purple one had circled everything pink in the whole book and skipped over all the "boys stuff".

When I saw Kaya last Summer, with her denim dress and pink cowboy boots, carrying her purse in her hand that she just bought from a yard sale, I bolted for my camera to grab a pic just before she kicked off dem boots, discarded the purse and picked up the bug catcher.

She was fast and I wasn't fast enough to get a decent shot of her front on, but as she walked off I snapped this up from behind. Which is perfect for this week's theme at I heart faces - We <3 tooshies.





I love this pic. Because it proves to me that Kaya is a girl! And sometimes, she's a girly girl.

Click on the button to join in. It's a great way to meet new people and learn photography tips and tricks.






5 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

Those are some gorgeous kiddos on your side bar ---->>>>
Thank you so much for entering my giveaway, best of luck!
Anne

4 Lettre Words said...

How cute are those boots???

Great choice for this week!

Laura said...

Love it!!!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

So cute! I was a tomboy too so I totally understand ... she will "girly" up the older she gets!

said...

What an awesome picture! : )