Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tot Talk Tuedays {1}



I've been thinking a lot recently about how I rarely record the cute things my kids say. You know, like when they're 2 and they make the sweetest mispronunciations (like Zoe's "Fiper, no fiping" instead of "swiper no swiping" or when they're 4 and they ask for marijuana instead or marinara sauce by accident). Then before you know it, they're almost 17 and are just about pronouncing everything correctly and you've completely forgotten all those cute slip ups when they were first learning to talk.

So I've decided to start Tot Talk Tuesdays. I'm thinking I might try out the Mr Linky thing in a few weeks, but since I don't get tons and tons of readers yet, I'll just stick with me recording some kid talk on a Tuesday, and you all can join in too if you want. Leave a comment with your tot talk, or post it to your own blog and leave a link in my comments.

Grab a graphic if you want







I'd love you to join in. Tell me either something cute your child said today, or years ago. Or something funny you said when you were a kid. Or something a child in church said. This sort of thing always brightens my day.



So, my Tot Talk Tuesday....first thing that comes to mind, is Zoe's recent way of saying something is all done. She mixed up the phrases "it's all done" and "there's non left" and she says "it's all weft (she pronounces her Ls as Ws).

Also, I was just remembering the other day, how when Lana was I think 3, she used to pretend to be a BABY DARNIT. She'd get down on all fours, hop like a froggy and say "DARNIT, DARNIT" in a cute high pitched, animal-like voice.

What about the kid in your life? I'd love to have a chuckle today.




9 comments:

Riahli said...

Love it...

My son told my husband the other day that he wanted to shit on him. In a really cute voice. My husband said "What!" and Bubu repeated the same thing. My husband looked at me in a panic and while choking back laughter I told him "sit, honey, he's saying he wants to sit on your lap." Hehe!

lislynn said...

*giggling hysterically at Lana's profanity*

;)

lislynn said...

Oh yeah. I love the Tot Talk idea :) I've been blogging Sofi's cute sayings under the label "Soficisms", if you're interested :)

snobound said...

What a great idea...now I've just got to find a kid to record...

Anonymous said...

I think this is the greatest idea! I will try to start Tot Talk Tuesdays and pass on to friends!

ARK said...

love the idea....I need to start writing more down!

...and you are SO ready for a Mr. linky :)

Michelle M. said...

What a great idea! I am a day late; so I'll start next week :)

Anonymous said...

awwww!!!

way back when, Kaite used to call grapes 'pecks'That's all I can think of right now... why? because it DOES go so fast.

Petra

MrsW said...

I signed my 3 year old up on Twitter and both his Dad and I try to remember to Tweet on his behalf anything that makes us giggle. He will probably hate us when he grows up... poor boy

He's already got a 5 year old follower. There's probably a whole network of toddlers out there... just waiting to learn typing so they can shut us up.