Saturday, June 28, 2008

Scottish word of the week - week 1



I'm going to start teaching you all some of my favourite Scottish words. Your challenge is to try to use them in one sentence through the week. Hehe. (I know Matt and Christa will try if no-one else does!)

Week 1 - Scottish word is - SCUNNERED

To be scunnered is essentially to be miffed off, or disgusted, or annoyed or put off something. We generally used it also to mean "up the creek without a paddle". You're basically screwed, nothing you can do to help the situation - you're scunnered.

Example: I've blown all my money at the bookies, now I'm totally scunnered.

William Scott, you can probably provide me a better example. :)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Tis indeed the finest of words :)

kyle@scunnered.com

William said...

Nothing better I am afraid,

for example

"oor moolah is well scunnered tae eh get meh first packet fae meh new gaffer!"

Does anyone need an English translation?

Diane Rooney said...

Oh what fun! Fab idea, Denise. Scunnered. Hmm great word. x

teganc said...

Hi denise, I inquired before but was unsure if you had received or seen the comment. I know you don't sell your scrapbook kits anymore, but I am really looking for one that you did with the altered art, angels wings and such. Yours was my absolute favorite. Until I had ahard drive crash and lost it. :( I was wondering if there were any way at all possible that maybe I could buy it from you. I would really love this kit. I used it for my first 2 boys photos and now I have a daughter and would love to use it for her as well. If you could please please please let me know if it is possible you can sell this one kit to me please let me know! my email is dreamlandtree@yahoo.com if you need to email me and say yay or nah. I will understand either was. I hope to hear from you soon.

THanks so much and take care,
Tegan

Kinsleys5 said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! That is hilarious because you are so right!! I was just thinking "Yeah! We'll try it out for sure!" before I read your comment! Too funny - Hey we still use "stoater"!