Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Tooth Fairy

Kaya's tooth fell out yesterday! I can't express how excited she was. Of course, it came out in an apple, as I expected.

I was thinking maybe $2, but her friend was telling her all about how she got $5 so we didn't want to disappoint. I told her you get more money for the first tooth, but don't expect as much for every tooth!

She doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy, but likes to play along for the magic and fun of it. So she put the tooth under her pillow last night, then woke me up at the crack of dawn this morning exclaiming that she got $5. She was thrilled.

A few hours later she felt sad that her tooth wasn't there anymore and she wanted it back so she can look at it. So she wrote a letter to the tooth fairy asking if she could have it back, sealed it in an envelope and put it under her pillow. As a bribe she included 6 pennies and a dime. We'll have to see what the Tooth Fairy makes of that tonight.





4 comments:

snobound said...

$5 - HOLY COW! Talk about inflation! When I was a kid I was happy with a quarter. I'm glad she lost her tooth - but I think we need some photo evidence to support this story! :^)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I got quarters, too. $5 is great. Somebody get me an apple, quick!

Kinsleys5 said...

That is funny about asking for it back. When I was a kid, we didn't like to give up our teeth either. So we would set them out on our nightstands instead of under our pillow. In the morning, the tooth was still there alon with a quarter beside. (Kaya made out like a bandit with 5 bucks!!) Then we had little glas baby food jars we would keep all our teeth in. Looking back it seems a little gross but we thought it was great.

Laura said...

We had glass babyfood jars for our teeth too! And I also got quarters!! I have to have some back teeth extracted soon - can I put them under Kaya's pillow for $5??

I bet it's a fabulous and sad feeling all at the same time to watch your firstborn grow up and lose a tooth. :)

I'm enjoying the pics of your kids. What's it like having four of them? My heart is pretty much set on four kids of our own too. Two down, two to go. :) Haha. But seriously, what was the hardest jump, 2 to 3, or 3 to 4? Part of me is so excited to have more, and part of me is terrified. My house hardly stays clean with just two, and the dishes and laundry already pile up so quickly!